!!!ITALIAN BLACK/SPEED METAL!!!
We had a conversation with GOATFUCKER OVERLORD.Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about GOATFUCKER OVERLORD (Members, Starting Year etc).
Theorically the idea came about in 2016, but we didn't do shit until a couple years later because we're lazy fucks. And even then it took another year to release four tracks.It's just the two of us, one taking care of guitars and vocals, the other playing bass and programming drums.
2. You have recently released your demo ''Heavy Metal Smegma Inferno''. What is the feedback from your audience as well as from the press?
We got some comments from the about four people that follow us on facebook and quite a few shares on VK, which is quite baffling. You're actually the first one from the press to acknowledge us, we appreciate and we're also very sorry you found out about us.However, our mothers don't like it for sure.
3. Label or DIY and why?
We're doing everything DIY because the whole idea is being free to publish anything whenever we feel like.
4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
We personally prefer vinyls because of the collectible value, among other reasons. However, we release all of our records on digital for free on Bandcamp, we have no expenses to cover since we are taking care of all the production by ourselves.
5. Your music style is Black/Speed Metal. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
We ripped off early Bathory, Venom, Midnight, Abigail, Gehennah, Bewitched, Warfare, S.D.I. We happened to have a very traditional Heavy metal influenced sound on the last demo, stealing ideas from Iron Maiden, Mercyful Fate and the like.
6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed? Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
Having success as a goal for a band basically means leading it as a company, which might be hurtful for the fun factor.
We are not sacrificing anything for this band because we have very little to sacrifice in our lives to start with.7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
Although we have been asked to play live, we are not interested in doing it so far. We don't really know which approach we should take for a live show, we don't like spending time with drummers and we are ultimately hideous to look at.
8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Black/Speed Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
Take yourselves less seriously, you ain't gonna get laid anyway.
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Black/Speed Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
We did literally zero promotion for ourselves and someone happened to play our songs on a podcast from overseas. They also were clearly baked.
10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in Italy (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
As of now, everything's locked down because of the current pandemic. We hope the venues will manage to stay open in the future since some might risk shutting down.
11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
We know about a few cool bands, namely Dead Congregation, Septic Flesh and a few more.
12. What are your future plans?
We're probably gonna release some new stuff sometime in the future, we live together and that's a nice way to pass time when your dick hurts from wanking too much. As for the next future, I got to pee.
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
Thank you for your interest and for keeping up with us.
By Steve the Filthy Dog.
GOATFUCKER OVERLORD CONTACT: