!!!BLACK/THRASH METAL FROM ARGENTINA!!!
We had a conversation with BONEHAMMER.Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about BONEHAMMER (Members, Starting Year etc).
The band formed in late 2018 as a trio. (Odnufuck, Alaph and Onahiram) and in mid-2019 Nashgot join us to play the bass guitar..
2. You have recently released your split album with TRIMEGISTO ''Necromantic Ritual''. What is the feedback from your audience as well as from the press?
It is to support the Latin American scene, to demonstrate that music is alive on this side of the world and that we have many experiences to tell in such drastic realities of suffering countries as those we inhabit.3. How did your cooperation with Awakening Records occur? What do you prefer, Label or DIY and why?
We sent the promotional video of "Living a Rotting Nightmare" to the friends of Awakening Records and they liked the essence of the band, and they invited us to be part of the project that they were carrying out as a label, and that opened many doors for us. The good thing about having the support of a label is that it increases the possibilities of promotion.
4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
Always the old school, Vinyl and tape, because it is what best recreates the spirit that we try to show with Bonehammer.
5. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
Venom, Sarcophagus, Bathory, Hellhammer, Black Sabbath Discharge and G.B.H.6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed? Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
Everything in life can be sacrificed except freedom. We are ready to give up our daily jobs to go on tour with Bonehammer and bet everything on the band. Everything I do in my life is oriented to music and its diffusion.
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
The shows we perform with Bonehammer are a vision of what we dream of in our nightmares, fear, smoke, blood, speed and thunderous sound.8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Black/Thrash Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
Be honest with what they do, and practice what they preach.
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
We are still from an old school, and we are slowly learning the benefits of such tools. So far the experiences we have had in this regard are positive. For now the tool we use the most for dissemination is Facebook.10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in Argentina (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
There are so many new bands, sometimes there are even more bands than the public at the shows. I personally liked the scene of the 90s in Argentina more than the current one because it was more radical.
11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
Yes, we know and appreciate bands like Varathron, Rotting Christ and Necromantia.12. What are your future plans?
Keep betting on this lifestyle, on this music and fight for it.
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours
Thank you very much for spreading the underground scenes from every corner of the planet around the world and promoting the friendship between all of us who are part of this global family.
By Steve the Filthy Dog.BONEHAMMER CONTACT: