!!!HEAVY METAL FROM ARGENTINA!!!
We had a conversation with KOMBATE. Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about KOMBATE (Members, Starting Year etc).
KOMBATE is an Argentine heavy / speed metal band from the province of Buenos Aires (north zone) formed by Magdalena Gatti in voice, Rouss Stomper on guitar, Laura Gebel on bass guitar and Francisco Pereyra on drums.
The band started in March 2015 with the current members Rouss on vocals / guitar and Laura on bass. Francisco the current drummer also participated in the beginning leaving the band at the time for personal reasons. With a new drummer and one more guitarist the band continued and in May 2016 KOMBATE debuted in its first show alongside METALURIA, VELOCIDAD 22 and HEAVY METAL (Charly Coria’s band). They also participated in two more dates and soon KOMBATE separates.
In 2018 after spending those years playing in another heavy metal band, Rouss and Laura resume the project by adding Francisco and Magda (former Rouss’ bandmate) as a new vocalist. This is currently the original KOMBATE formation.
The band takes up only three themes: ROUTINE, METALERO and NOSFERATU, emerging, in turn, new compositions.
On February 1, 2019 the band starts with excellent dates and recording to be able to have a physical material for the public to enjoy our heavy / speed metal as the band does!
2. Your song ''Nosferatu'' is a classic powerful Heavy Metal track. How many songs you have till now ?
So far we have 9 themes and two more on the way.
3. Label or DIY and why?
The single “Nosferatu” was recorded independently but we have agreed to record the E.P. with an underground record label. It is an economic aid for the band.
4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
We prefer physical formats in general but thanks to the digital format the bands have more diffusion.
5. Your music style is Heavy Metal. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
We have many influences of classic heavy metal like HELLOWEEN, JUDAS PRIEST, SANTA, ACCEPT, RUNNING WILD, MANOWAR, among others.
6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed?
Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
We think that to have a band you need to invest time, money, dedication, perseverance.
They are sacrifices that show commitment.
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
Mainly, to have a good sound both below and above the stage, and that people enjoy our work.
We have experienced it in the province of Rio Negro, in the south of our country. We were very well received by both the public and the organizers.
8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Heavy Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
For us it is very important that each member show their essence and taste for the heavy metal. In this way a chemistry is generated in the band that is liked by the public.
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Heavy Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
The existence of digital platforms that disseminate the work of each band is a great tool of this generation.
10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in Argentina (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
In Argentina a new wave of heavy metal is experienced with the influence of the 80s. This is reflected in bands with which we have shared the stage such as METALURIA, INTERCEPTOR, BULLETPROOF, STEELBALLS, SILVERBLADE, to name a few of them.
11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
We know some bands of the Greek scene, among them MENACE, METALMORFOSIS, GUERRERA (whose female singer is Argentine), and classical NORTHWIND and THANATOS INC.
12. What are your future plans?
We prepare for the recording of the E.P. that we plan to take out in 2020.
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
Thank you very much for the interview. Greetings to all readers and producers of FILTHY DOGS OF METAL!
By Steve the Filthy Dog.