!!!CHILEAN SPEED METAL!!!
We had a conversation with Ignacio Norambuena (Guitar/Vocals).Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about ABERRACION (Members, Starting Year etc).
Me (Ignacio Norambuena) and Alexis Tres Seis formed the band in 2013, after this Ronnie Rebolledo joined the drums, Marco Bravo on bass and Gabriel G`naccio on vocals.With this formation we recorded our first complete title: "Sangre por sangre" released in 2015. The first to leave the band for personal reasons would be Gabriel and Alexis,coming to the band Andrés Espinosa on the second guitar and I taking the position of Vocalist and guitarist. In 2017 we released our second album titled: "Judgment". With this work we had our first tour outside our country.In 2019 we recorded our third album titled "Nadie esta libre". That same year we went on tour to the United States. After this, for personal reasons, Andrés leaves the band, being replaced by our current guitarist Sergio Flores.We are currently working on our fourth album entitled "Oligarquía".
2. In 2019 you have released your album ''Nadie está libre''. What was the feedback from your audience as well as from the press?
It has had a good reception from the general public, but they are still enjoying our previous work..
3. Label or DIY and why?
Both are a good working tool for your music, they are a great help.
4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
My favorite format is vinyl, for its sound and design. I also like the other formats but my favorite is vinyl.5. Your music style is Heavy/Speed Metal. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
Old Metallica, King diamond, Judas Priest, Iron maiden, Rush.
6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed? Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
Time and money.
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
An ideal show would be to open for some big band.
8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Heavy Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
The most important thing for a band is to be original, and to know about harmonies..
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
They help a lot, especially Spotify, YouTube and Facebook. It is a very good way to spread your work around the world. Now everything works online.10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in Chile (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
The Chilean metal scene is quite recognized worldwide, there are too many bands of excellent level.
11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
There are not many places, but there are still some. To be honest, I did not know of its existence since we are quite far away. I know excellent metal and punk bands there in Greece.
12. What are your future plans?
About the reading formats, there are not many left since the Chilean in general is not very good at reading. but if they still exist in the Underground in physical and web format.
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
Thank you very much for contacting us and being interested in our music. Heavy metal to death, we hope someday to go there! Greetings from Chile.
By Steve the Filthy Dog.