!!!HELLISH BLACK/THRASH METAL FROM POLAND!!!
We had a conversation with THROAT CUTTER.Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about THROAT CUTTER (Members, Starting Year etc).
Hailz Speed Maniax!
Throat Cutter is (for now)
Nikki Speed - Vocals/Drum programming
Dave Devastator - Bass&Electric Guitar
We've started Throat Cutter in December 2019, totally spontaneously charged with Speed, Thrash, Heavy and First Wave Black Metal.
2. You have recently released your demo ''Speed Demo From Hell''. What is the feedback from your audience as well as from the press?
Actually our demo is totally new for global audience. Some weeks ago we shared it to our friends/local zines and the feedback was really good! But as we said, it's fresh so we are still waiting for some opinions from YOU Speed Maniax.
3. Label or DIY and why?
It depends on what kind of material it is Demo, EP or LP, for our Demo we decided to be DIY on CD limited to 16 copies and for now it's out! But we are open to offers from labels because we really want to have our Demo material on tapes.4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
We both (Nikki and Dave) are fans of old school things so we rather prefer Vinyl Records and Tapes but in our collection of metal music we have a place for CD's too! Because it's all about music not just about device. We also think Demo material sounds best on tape!
5. Your music style is Black/Thrash Metal. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
We relate Throat Cutter to Speed/Black rather than Thrash but Thrash is also our influence as well! We are into maaaany, many Metal genres. But for Throat Cutter main influences
6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed? Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
For now, our biggest sacrifice was recording our demo on New Year instead of being drunk as fuck haha! But seriously, we hadn't experience in our previous bands Dave was playing in garage speed metal band that only gave one show and Nikki had some Black/Thrash Projects and even now he has Black/Thrash Metal project too! It's called Trupi SwΉd (Check it out!).
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
Our favourite atmosphere is on the underground shows in Pubs/Clubs, but we also like open air music, it depends on what kind of band is playing. Music is important of course but for real, the visual experiences, fun and sometimes violence are what fucking show is about for us. We have experienced many shows so far but our favourites were Sodom, Iron Maiden, Impaled Nazarene. Sad for us is, that GG Allin is no longer here because we would really wish we would be at his concert haha!
8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Black/Thrash Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
It's hard to say, sometimes it is about just being yourself, sometimes about controversy. We are aiming at the first option and we don't give a flying fuck if someone likes it or not.
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Black/Thrash Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
Fuck, we believe that in some reasons it is necessary to put musical work on these platforms but the main source of promoting music, is sending physical copies to people (as in the past!) Because physical copy is always better than virtual (for us). We have a bandcamp and you can listen to our demo here and on YouTube til we will have some demo copies to give (or sell who the fuck cares hehe) you. Digital Platforms are also good because it spreads music worldwide faster
than postmail, and it's also easier.
10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in Poland (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
Our present UG Metal Scene has some really good, bad and really specific bands. We don't want to give you names of bad bands because who gives a damn about crap music, huh? A few bands that you should check from Heavy/Speed/Thrash/Black Metal genre: Necromastery (our good friends!), Aquilla, fukkin VENGEANCE, Pandemic, Gallower, Necromanzer, Truch³o Strzygi, Trupi SwΉd. Of course there are many more of nice bands but maybe we will talk about it in another time.
Maniax on our Metal Scene are really nice guys but there are also some troublemakers (Hailz to them too of course!) and dumb people who think that if you listen to Black/Thrash as much (or less) as to other genres like old Hair Metal bands, you are a poser. We can't agree with this but what can we do? We don't give a fuck about their opinion. Fanzines are not so popular now, more webzines like Chaos Vault, but we have fanzines too like FUKK's Certain Death zine. We can't say many words about clubs because we haven't had our favourite yet.
11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
Of course great fucking ROTTING CHRIST! But also we know some bands like Bio-Cancer or Exarsis.
12. What are your future plans?
Play louder, faster and record some new fukking stuff as soon as it is possible!
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
666, Thanks a lot! Cheers to you all Metal Maniax in Greece.
Stay Loud & Stay Fast. //Throat Cutter.
By Steve the Filthy Dog.
THROAT CUTTER CONTACT: