!!!BRAZILIAN THRASH METAL!!!
We had a conversation with Murilo (Guitar / Vocals).Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about STAB (Members, Starting Year etc).
We are 3. Me (Murilo) on the guitars and vocals, João (Bass) and Leonardo (Drums).The band was formed in 2017.In the beginning was just Me on Guitars and Leonardo on Drums, and after some rehearsals João joined the band to play Bass.
2. In 2019 you have released your demo ''Sepulchral Lullaby''. What was the feedback from your audience as well as from the press?
''Sepulchral Lullaby'' is our EP, not DEMO, and it was released in Feb 15th, 2020. The "DEMO"(2018) is our first release.
3. Label or DIY and why?
DIY. We don't signed with any labels until the actual moment.4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
We are working in the Digital Format during this pandemic. But we have CD's too.
5. Your music style is Thrash Metal. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
Toxic Holocaust, Sepultura, Candlemass Black Sabbath. We try to mix the heavy and fast sound of the Thrash, with some Dark vibe, we fuckin Love it!
6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed? Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
I think it must have that same thinking coming from all the members of the band. Yes.
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
I just remembered a show we made on the Rockaipira 2019 Fest, here in Piracicaba-SP, which is the city we live. The show was in July 13th, 2019 and it was SICK!
8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Thrash Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
First, i think that we have to learn how to play our instrument properly, you have to make the music sounds metal your own way.
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Thrash Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
Sure, we use Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms. By spreading the material on their own or hire a press office.
10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in Brazil (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
Here in Brazil you get lost in the middle of so many good bands. I can name you 3 i like: Surra, Injúria and HellgardeN. What we miss here is the structure to do shows and stuff like that.I like "Heavy Metal Online", which is a Youtube channel that go deep into our current metal scene.11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
12. What are your future plans?
We will release a quarentine content very soon. After this we will work on our first Full Album.
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
Thanks a lot to FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine for having us! Cheers \m/
By Steve the Filthy Dog.STAB CONTACT: