!!!CANADIAN SPEED METAL ATTACK!!!
We had a conversation with LunAttack. Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about LUNATTACK (Members, Starting Year etc).
LunAttack started in December 2018 in Calgary Alberta and was founded by Faith Danger and Kamen Cider. Alex Macdonald soon joined on bass but after a few starting shows he left the band and Carly Joined on Drums and Kamen who was formerly drums switched to bass.
2. You have recently released your new single ''Metal Power/Canadian Corruption''. What is the Feedback from your audience as well as from the Press?
The feedback has been from mixed to positive. People have made comments about the blending of genres and have also compared us to a mix between a heavier version of Rush and also Iron Maiden.
3. Label or DIY and why?
DIY because we haven't found a right label yet to release on and we would rather pick and choose the right label that will work for us.4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
All of the above! Each different format release has its pros and cons to it but being able to release on all formats allows listeners to choose their preferred method of indulgedment. We do plan on releasing this double single on cassette in the near future though!
5. Your music style is Speed Metal. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
Raven, Exciter, Razor, Budgie, Judas Priest, Exodus, Saxon, Gravestone etc...6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed? Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
A band should definitely sacrifice time at a minimum. Not just for practicing to be a better musician but also to write good songs and play shows in a professional manner. Everyone in the band has missed out on friends, life events, birthdays and such due to us putting the band on a high priority and taking it seriously.
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
A good turnout with an enthusiastic crowd is the most ideal. We've experienced this at pretty much every show we've played so far, and hoping to having that experience as we play more shows across our country and hopefully the world.8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Heavy Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
Energy. The best thing for someone to take away from your band should be your energy. Heavy metal is meant to be exciting
and get people's attention. If a band can do that they're already halfway there to being a good band.
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Heavy Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
It's both a blessing and a curse. It allows new and upcoming bands to reach out and be heard by a broader range of audiences
that otherwise wouldn't have been possible without digital platforms. However it does create a lot more competition and it's harder
for a band to stand out and be noticed.
10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in Canada (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
The metal scene in Canada seems to be going pretty great. Our number heavy and speed metal bands just keeps growing and having awesome new bands coming out. We have bands like, Riot City, Traveler, Hrom, Hazzerd, Ammo and Roadrash, and we all play some pretty tight shows together.
11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
We know you guys are crazy about metal! With extreme bands like Septicflesh and Rotting Christ and you more traditional bands
like Firewind! The whole Hellenic scene is crazy and we're looking forward to seeing what else you guys have to offer! not to mention the killer up the hammers festival you have.12. What are your future plans?
Record, release and keep playing until we make it to the top!
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
Thank you very much! it's been a pleasure!
By Steve the Filthy Dog.