We had a conversation with Timo (Vocals, Guitar) and Phil (Guitar). Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about TEZURA (Members, Starting Year etc).
Phil: We started out in November 2018 and founded Tezura in January 2019. We are four members: Luke on Drums, Max on Bass, Timo on Rhythm Guitar and Vocals and me on Lead Guitar. We released our first demo in July 2019.
2. In 2019 you have released your demo ''Voices''. What was the Feedback from your audience as well as from the Press?
Timo: Our demo was received very well. The press found it very promising, and we got very positive feedback from people for it. The Italian webzine “Heavy Metal Heaven” even chose our demo to the Top 5 in the category “Most promising debut demo / EP / mini”.
3. Label or DIY and why?
Timo: Right now, everything in Tezura is DIY. That way, we can do what we want to do and make our own decisions.4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
Timo: It depends. Vinyl of course is great to hold in your hands and it’s a great experience for listening to music. CD is great if you’re on the road, as well are digital formats like streaming etc.
5. Your music style is Thrash Metal. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
Timo: We’re open when it comes to genre, so Thrash Metal is not our only influence. But when it comes to the five bands that equally influence us the most, it’s these: Iron Maiden, Metallica, Machine Head, Testament and Trivium.
6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed? Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
Timo: I don’t know what you SHOULD sacrifice for a career. But for me so far, sleep was my sacrifice most of the time.
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
Timo: A lot of fire and light. Bringing people together to enjoy that moment.8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Thrash Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
Timo: You have to find your own way. There are no fixed attributes since they are something you have when you found out who you are.
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Thrash Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
Timo: Bandcamp and similar things can help you a lot these days since you can use Bandcamp for making your music available for many people around the world. And though there is no perfect way to do it, putting a lot of work in works quite well for us.
10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Thrash Metal Scene in Munich, Bavaria Germany (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
Timo: Around Munich – for example Dust Bolt (from Landsberg) is very known in the scene and far beyond that, when it comes to thrash metal bands. There are also venues like the “Backstage”, which are still there. A few years ago, there was also a venue called “Garage Deluxe” which was a great place. But unfortunately, it closed down a few years ago.
11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
Timo: I know some bands like for example Chronosphere or Suicidal Angels, but not too much about the Hellenic Metal scene itself.
12. What are your future plans?
Timo: We’re focusing on songwriting for our debut, as well as live appearances for now.
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
Tezura: Thanks very much for having us!
By Steve the Filthy Dog.