We had a conversation with Christos Dounis (Guitars/Vocals)Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about MOANING SILENCE (Members, Starting Year etc).
Moaning silence exists as a band since late 2014.The current line up works together for almost a year now, although I know Harry since high school!! Our lead singer, Eleftheria, joined the band in early 2019. Antonis is a friend of mine for the last 5 years and has been a member of Moaning Silence since 2016.
2. You have recently released your new album ''A Waltz Into Darkness''. What is the feedback from your audience as well as from the press?
We released our second full length album a couple of months ago and we already have pretty good reviews. We also believe that this is our best work till now.
3. Label or DIY and why?
We are very happy to be a member of Symmetric Records. The owner, Bob Katsionis (ex-Firewind), is also our producer, he has done an excellent work. Our previous albums were DIY and now i see the difference!
4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
I grew up with CDs so i think i prefer this format.5. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
Our music influences go back to the second half of the 90’s where the atmospheric metal sound was at it’s highs. Bands like Paradise Lost, Theatre of Tragedy, Anathema, My Dying Bride, Tiamat and On Thorns I Lay played a significant role in how Moaning Silence create music.So there is no specific Doom or Gothic metal band that characterize us. Even in Black Sabbath’s era with Tony Martin I see elements of our music.
6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed? Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
There is only one way for success, duration. Hard work, patience and tenacity. If in ten years time we are still here talking about the new Moaning Silence album, this is the definition of success.
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
Unfortunately, we couldn't be able to perform any live show yet. This is our next big goal.
8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
Its not about attributes, its about the passion. You may be the best guitarist in the world but if you cant write nice songs, you cant be unique.
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
Surely its very helpful, especially for band like Moaning Silence. The best way is a combination of social media promotion and many many lives.
10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in Greece (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
I don't like to call it underground. The underground era has passed. Underground existed when there was no internet, tape trading was at its peak and the only way to discover a band was by word of mouth. Nowadays, every band is known through the social media, you can have a quick search on the net and find anything you like.The Greek metal scene is amazing, productions are excellent, there is professionalism behind these efforts.
11. What are your future plans?
Our main goal is to get on stage in Autumn and to promote our new album.
12. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
Thank you very much for the invitation. I hope that you will enjoy our album!
By Steve the Filthy Dog.MOANING SILENCE CONTACT: