!!!THRASH METAL FROM INDIA!!!
We had a conversation with AMORPHIA.Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about AMORPHIA (Members, Starting Year etc).
Amorphia is Vasuchadran : Guitar/vocals , Vivek : Drums , Sledgehammer : Bass
2. You have recently released your album ''Merciless Strike'''. What Is the feedback from your audience as well as from the press?
We got brilliant feedback from everyone around .Everyone loves the momentum the album has got which drives it through from start to finish . Really good reviews from press as well ,seems everyone is loving the Sodom influence in us somehow !3. How did your cooperation with Awakening Records occur? What do you prefer, Label or DIY and why?
We played in True thrash fest Japan 2019 . The guy from Awakening records plays for band Ancestor who shared stage with us . That's how they got in touch with them and we always like to sign to labels that support our kind of genre specifically .
Yeah we prefer label as we don't want to scratch our heads searching for PR agents , Distros etc . Our first album was done DIY , It has its own good but little stressful for a three member band to handle on our own. But i think we did good though its a debut album !
4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
We always prefer analog stuffs so , Vinyl anytime if you ask me ! We will have the album release on Vinyl real soon .
5. Your music style is Thrash Metal. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
Sodom, Kreator, Accuser, Slayer, Demolition Hammer is our primary influences.6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed? Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
No sacrifices , Its all about priority. For us band is the first priority in out lives . But yes we do find time for our personal stuffs as well. We just do what we love and keep doing it .
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
True thrash fest 2020 was the best ! It gets really good when you are connected so well with the crowd !8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Thrash Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
More of it comes from listening ! They need to listen to bands and get an idea of what music direction they need to work on individually and as a band .You will get better with time in all areas of songwriting and playing ! But nothing is easy , patience and perservence is the key and most importantly never loose the passion towards it !
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Thrash Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
Definitely . Bandcamp is really good in supporting bands and artists ! We never have much impression about Spotify and Apple music stuffs !You meet people at gigs , give/trade your CDs so that they have access to music . Good PR agents will help in getting your CDs to specific distros across globe . Working through PR/ Label really helps !
10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in India (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
Not much really . We have we concerts or gig organizers who conduct gigs regularly . New bands are good and coming up , only thing is they need to stick together in time ! But not much with regards to Fanzines or Webzines.11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
Not really !
12. What are your future plans?
Touring Europe is the near future plan and the third album which is already in progress !
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
Hey , Many thanks for this quick interview and on point questions ! Cheers \m/
By Steve the Filthy Dog.