!!!HARD 'N HEAVY METAL FROM BRAZIL!!!
We had a conversation with Chrystian (Drums).Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about AMBITION (Members, Starting Year etc).
The band started in 2018 in Curitiba (Brazil) and the members are friends that gathered to play the heavy music that we love.No bigger AMBITIONS, only passion. All members have previous experiences in local bands.
2. You have recently released your album ''Rock Breaker''. What is the feedback from your audience as well as from the press?
The response has been great so far, better than we could expect. The numbers of fans and supporters is increasing, awesome!
3. How did your cooperation with Inferno Records occur? What do you prefer, Label or DIY and why?
I've already knew Fabien (Inferno Records owner), because he has released Axecuter's first album "Metal is Invincible", in which I am the drummer.He was the first person that I wanted to show my new stuff, his work is great! I'd rather release our CD with a label, because I don't have the same resources for the expenses and promotion of the album.4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
Vinyl, always! The definitive format that expresses the power of Rock/Metal music in its fullest form. I grew up listening to LP's, so it´s my natural choice.
5. Your music style is Heavy Metal. Which are your main influences? (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
Our only influence is the period from 1975 to 1985, when the bands played a Heavy/Rock without many labels and genres. Bands like AC/DC, Krokus, The Rods, Picture and old Judas Priest.
6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed? Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
To achieve success, I believe that a band needs money, good contacts, a big dose of luck and good songs. Those elements are needed in that specific order, in my opinion.About our band, we don't have any AMBITION about music career. We just want to play our songs and release it properly. Anything besides that is bonus, haha!7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
I would describe a perfect live show as the one that has high level excitement and the the audience is REALLY interested in watching the show, interested in the music itself. It's harder nowadays for a band to get people's attention, many are more interested in the beers and selfies.
8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Heavy Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
I don't believe that nowadays it may be possible for a new band to sound unique, original. Everything good within Rock and Metal music has already been done.
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
I can't really give you an opinion about that. I am stuck in time, I don't listen to music via any of this modern ways.
10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in Brazil (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
I don't know much about the new underground scene here. I am not following new bands, media or gigs. As I said, I am living in the past, basically listening to my old records at home.11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
Not really, sorry. All that I have heard of is Rotting Christ and Varathron.
12. What are your future plans?
No future plans about the band, my only plan now is to get over some health issues.
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
Thank you very much for this interview! Those who have listened to our music and like it, I ask them to buy the original physical CD, it's important to keep the old feeling alive. CHEERS FROM BRAZIL!
By Steve the Filthy Dog.AMBITION CONTACT: