!!!SPANISH HEAVY METAL!!!
We had a conversation with Victor (Vocals / Guitars). Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about WITCHTOWER (Members, Starting Year etc).
Hi! at first thanks so much for the interview. Witchtower was born in 2013 in Jáen (Spain) as a solo project made by me.
Although I usually record all the instruments on the albums, but not the drums, Witchtower is a real band and we play gigs.
Nowadays Witchtower are Miguel Moreno (bass) , Antonio J. Morillas (Guitar) Adam Wise (Drums) and Victor M. de la Chica (Guitars, me)
2. Your last work was a split single with the Australian Heavy Metal Band CONVENT GUILT. Have you prepared anything new since then?
Yes, we will by Unsilent Tombs Records "WITCHES' DOMAIN" , our 3º LP, on the early 2020! we are very excited about this.
3. Label or DIY and why?
The label is Unsilent Tombs Records from Germany, they helped a lot with the promotion and distribution, we prefer that as you know!
4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
Only physical version is real!! We think that Digital Format is essential nowadays but we don't like it very much.
5. Your music style is Heavy Metal. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
Our main influence is the NWOBHM, Angel Witch, Diamond Head, Venom, Iron Maiden, Witchfynde, early Def Leppard... etc.
But we have other influences from hard rock, doom metal, or black metal.
6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed?
Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
Obviously! In my personal case I manage all, it is not an easy task.
We have to manage orders, to do lyrics, songs, arrangements, work deeply on the production albums, think about the artwork for merchandising and albums, etc...
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
The perfect show is when you reach the goal as the crowd sing your songs or going crazy with your music! 30, 50, 100 or 1000 people!
8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Heavy Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
This is not easy, because everything is done. But you can pick up some different elements from different old school metal styles and combine it. For instance, this is the basis for Witchtower.
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Heavy Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
Without a shadow of a doubt, the digital format nowadays is very important for the bands, is a good tool for the free promotion, for example!
10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in Spain (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
Well, in Spain there are many Heavy metal clubs like Pounding metal Union in Madrid, Xauenbangers in Jaén, Burgos heavy metal in Burgos, Metalcova in Barcelona, Heavy Metal Espectros in Murcia, and we love bands like Iron Curtain, Hitten, Ciclón, Evil Killer, War Dogs, Redshark, Loanshark, Crimson Storm , Streamer and Frenzy
11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
We don't know very much, sorry! only festivals like Up the Hammers and bands like Omega or Sacral Rage
12. What are your future plans?
When we release the new album, we will do a several gigs over spain and the rest of Europe, if you are interested in Witchtower, contact us!
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
Thanks for this interview again! It was my pleasure. Cheers from Spain!
By Steve the Filthy Dog.