!!!HEAVY METAL FROM SPAIN!!!
We had a conversation with TOCA MADERA. Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about TOCA MADERA (Members, Starting Year etc).
Hi! At first thank you very much for this interview. We started in 2014 as a cover band but we decided to do an EP in 2018.
We recorded and release it in 2019 by Demons shop records.
Toca Madera are Victor de la Chica (bass and backing vocals), José Vico Prieto (Vocals, guitars) José Jiménez (drums) and recently Antonio J. Morillas (guitars) left the band.
2. You have recently released your EP ''Toca Madera''. What is the Feedback from your audience as well as from the Press?
Well, the feedback was very positive, the EP was selled very well mostly in Spain, and metal people told us that we enjoyed it very much!
3. Label or DIY and why?
We prefer label, is very easy for us to distribute the album in every store or small labels or distros!
4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
We prefer physical format always! Vinyl is our preference.5. Your music style is Heavy Metal. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
Our main influences are based on Spanish heavy metal, we love bands like Baron Rojo, Obus, Panzer, Triton, Leize, Barricada... etc.
6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed?
Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
Is very difficult, out of the "Rockstar" life, we have our work, and sometimes is very difficult to do all the tasks, Jose Vico does the lyrics, and Victor does the music, arrangemets, manages the merch and shows.
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
The perfect show is when you reach the goal as the crowd sing your songs or going crazy with your music! 30, 50, 100 or 1000 people!8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Heavy Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
A great vocalist, good guitarist, skilled bassist and good drummer with all the beat inside. The good songs are very important too, the most important thing in my opinion.
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Heavy Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
Yes, without doubt is very important for the bands. Nowadays you cand find a lot of bands in the internet but is so difficult to find a good band with an attractive concept.
So, if you promote your music very good, you will find good results in your band. But this is not true 100% The world of music of today is very complicated.10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in Spain (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
Well, in Spain there are many Heavy metal clubs like Pounding metal Union in Madrid, Xauenbangers in Jaén, Burgos heavy metal in Burgos, Metalcova in Barcelona, Heavy Metal Espectros in Murcia,
and we love bands like Iron Curtain, Hitten, Ciclón, Evil Killer, War Dogs, Redshark, Loanshark, Crimson Storm , Streamer and Frenzy.
11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
We don't know very much, sorry! only festivals like Up the Hammers and bands like Omega or Sacral Rage
12. What are your future plans?
To find a lead guitarist at first, and then do a few gigs that we have to do in Spain! We want to do other EP as well.
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
Thanks for this interview again! Cheers from Spain!
By Steve the Filthy Dog.
TOCA MADERA CONTACT: