!!!SWEDISH HEAVY METAL!!!
We had a conversation with Johan ''J.J.'' Jonasson (Guitars).Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about STARBLIND (Members, Starting Year etc).
Well, it's me (J.J) guitar, Bjorn - guitar, Danne - Bass, Zack - Drums and Marcus - vocals. We started back in 2013 and we just wanted to play the kind of music we love and grew up with. And it really took of from the start. Within the first year we had an album out and did a European tour.
2. You have recently released your album ''Black Bubbling Ooze''. What is the feedback from your audience as well as from the press?
The feedback has been great so far. The album has only been out a week, but the reviews have been great and we're getting a lot of positive feedback from around the world.
3. Label or DIY and why?
That΄s a tough one. I would say DIY when it come to production and everything when it comes to creative stuff. Labels when it comes to marketing and distribution.4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
Depends on the music. If i wanna put on an old album from the 70's, it's gonna sound better on vinyl. And if I'm in my car, it's gonna be CD's.
5. Your music style is Heavy Metal. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
For the band we all love heavy metal made between 1976 - 1988. But we listen to other things as well.
6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed? Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
It depends. If you're a band that's constantly on the road, that would be a big sacrifice. And you have to invest a lot of time and money - that's just a fact.
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
A medium sized venue. Packed and sweaty with crazy fans. Yes! We've had that already.8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Heavy Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
Just play what you love. Put your heart and soul into it and it's gonna pay off. Don't think about being unique or anything. Just do your thing.
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Heavy Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
Of course. That's how things are done nowadays. Although I wish we could go back to tape-trading again. Those were the days...
10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in the Sweden (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
The underground scene is going strong. The only problem is that venues are closing down due to complaints from neighbours and stuff like that.11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
I am not familiar with that at all. I even had to google it just now.
12. What are your future plans?
Hopefully be able to play live after this pandemic madness
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
Thanks to everyone who support us. Stay patient and we shall come and rock your town.
By Steve the Filthy Dog.