We had a conversation with ELECTRON.Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about ELECTRON (Members, Starting Year etc).
Hello friends, we started in 2014, we composed some demos but we left the project for personal reasons of the members.
We return in 2019 and we are working on what will be our first EP.
The members are David Arenas in guitar and voice, Dave Lion on bass and Elkin Steel on drums.
2. Your songs ''Metal Direct to the Skull'' & ''Attacking with Power'' are a classic Heavy Metal tracks. How many songs you have till now ?
The two songs that we present so far will be part of our first work, we try to rescue the traditional sound of heavy metal by integrating our own style.
We have 6 songs that will be heard soon.
3. Label or DIY and why?
We do not belong to any label, we are all workers and all production runs on our part.
4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
All formats have something that makes them unique, but for the band's style we are forming, vinyl is for us the best format, then the cassette and finally the CD or some digital medium
but without neglecting that the Internet platforms are our Main means of diffusion.
Vinyl is history, it is a format that we greatly appreciate and that much of the music we collect has that form.
Listening to the needle at the beginning of each paste is the best.
5. Your music style is Heavy Metal. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
All NWOBHM and Colombian bands like Kraken, Ship, Carbure, Nash, etc.
We do not neglect the metal that is currently present worldwide, it is a new wave that bursts the speakers.
Colombia is full of excellent bands.
6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed?
Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
I don't see how sacrifice do what you like.
If success comes from hard work.
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
The ideal is to break necks, that the public feels cheerful.
Share with friends and enjoy every moment on stage.
8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Heavy Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
All bands have something unique, the ideal is to look for those details and always make them visible to create their own identity.
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Heavy Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
I do not know that platform, the idea is to have physical material and try to reach many people.
We also have the great tool that is the Internet, where we have the possibility to go around the world and some YouTube channels help a lot, Metal has no death .
10. Tell us a few things about the Underground Metal Scene in Colombia (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
We are from the city of Bogotα that is full of rockers and where some young people take music as a way of life.
Many bands try to earn their place on the scene with hard work, to name a few, we have Torno, a band that fights for national metal every day, also Hellroar, Diamond Chazer, Evilucifer, White Thunder, etc.
We have some bars that are dedicated to putting metal and supporting the local scene.
11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
I really don't know it.
12. What are your future plans?
Finish recording, take out our material in all possible formats
and go out and play in all the places we can.
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
Thank you for the support, a big hug from Colombia.
We hope this is not the only conversation with FILTHY DOGS OF METAL, long live the South American metal.
By Steve the Filthy Dog.