!!!CHILEAN HEAVY METAL!!!
We had a conversation with José Tapia (Guitars/Vocals).Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about MORTAL WHISPER (Members, Starting Year etc).
Mortal Whisper was activated at the end of 2014, when the first demos were published and in 2016 the first EP, now in the process of launching new material.
2. In 2016 you have released your EP ''Mortal Whisper''. Have you prepared anything new since then?
I'm working on the first album since 2018, after a period of inactivity, I'm releasing a two-song single to the next months.3. Label or DIY and why?
Both, depends on the resources you have.
4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
For me they are all equally important, all formats represent a technological era, if it has good audio and musical quality, it's all right.
5. Your music style is Heavy Metal. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
A lot of music of different styles, music from the late 70's and all the '80s decade, some classic hard rock, hardcore punk, a lot of heavy, some Helloween, Heavy Load, Venom, Motorhead.
6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed? Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
Study hard, music is an art, many times we forget that there are many parameters to achieve a good result, in these times there is the idea of doing things instantly without much effort, you buy online, you work from home, you consume art from different devices, you pay to get everything instantly, but in art things are not like that, you have to sacrifice many things, money, social life, studies, having self-criticism and an introspective vision of what you are and what you do to convey something real.
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
I don't think I've experienced an ideal show yet, most of the time we perform live in small performances, as they usually are here in Chile, I think it would be a good experience to play with an audience full of maniacs.8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Heavy Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
Experimenting with elements that aren't NWOBHM, I've seen interesting mixes in Heavy Metal with elements of Post Punk, New Wave, Folk Music...
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
These days I think it's important to be present on all platforms, you can reach different types of people and some generate some income, that's very good.
10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in Chile (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
I've noticed some cases of bands that have taken their time to release material, very solid proposals in terms of music and productions, the bands and the metal projects are being polished up a lot, there are more people willing to make things more professional in all sense.11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
A little, some of Rotting Christ... some heavy metal bands.
12. What are your future plans?
Survive and continue to work, release the single in the next months and take the next step towards the first album to constantly keep publishing music, that's the approach for now.
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
Strength for everyone in these bad times, make art and stay strong.
By Steve the Filthy Dog.MORTAL WHISPER CONTACT: