!!!HEAVY METAL FROM THE DUNGEONS!!!
We had a conversation with MAMORLIS. Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about MAMORLIS (Members, Starting Year etc).
The members of Mamorlis are Rooster: Guitar, Mat Madani:Guitar, Alex Noce: Drums/Vocals, Brian Rush:Bass
Rooster and Madani started writing guitar parts around October of 2016. We were in a band before called Cryptic Edifice which sort of fell apart and turned into Mamorlis.
Rooster used to work on installing phone line cables and the PVC pipe adhesive made him half retarded.
Alex Noce is bald.
2. You have recently released your 1st new album ''Mamorlis''. What is the Feedback from your audience as well as from the Press?
Well most people that have responded online seem to like it, however we've had some funny negative comments which we enjoy as well. Some guy called us a retarded Saxon.
3. Label or DIY and why?
We are independent/DIY at this moment. We are open to the right label for us.
4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
They each have their own merits...we are probably re-releasing the first album on tape sometime around the release of number 2.
5. Your music style is Heavy Metal. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
Most classic heavy metal bands, a lot of 1970's progressive rock/proto-metal
We usually get really drunk to Manowar and fight each other.
6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed?
Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
Sometimes you have to spend less money on beer and birth control for decent music gear. It doesn't always happen.
Rooster's ex girlfriend left him for a chimney sweep, leaving him homeless and living in his van when we started writing.
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
We've performed live once. Maybe next time set aside money for paid groupies.
8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Heavy Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
Play what you want to hear.
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Heavy Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
Yes. Anything but Spotify.
10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in Portland, Oregon USA (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
Most of the heavy metal bands you hear from our town are old men in their 30's like us that have been at it a while. We all know each other and are Eskimo brothers (I understand this may not translate). Everyone else plays some other shit.
11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
We are aware of a few classic Greek bands like Northwind, Spitfire, Konan...etcetera...our favorite newer Greek band is Hercules. He is true metal.
12. What are your future plans?
Put out album 2, with a label or without. We would like to play Europe, especially Greece (very seriously).
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
By Steve the Filthy Dog.