We had a conversation with LEATHÜRBITCH. Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about LEATHÜRBITCH (Members, Starting Year etc).
Leathürbitch formed in 2015 in SE Portland Oregon.
Our original line up consisted of Patick Sandiford, Joel Starr M., Babcock A., Sylvia and Sebastian Silva and our new line up welcomes Alex Ponder on lead guitars, Rand Crusher on drums and Courtland Murphy on bass.
2. You have recently released your new album ''Into the Night''. What is the Feedback from your audience as well as from the Press?
Critics seemed to be very mixed, but the audience seems to really enjoy the record due to our main influence being taken from 80s glam metal acts like Dokken and Ratt.
3. Label or DIY and why?
Each option has its own benefits.
While a label provides you funding and distribution, you limit what you can do with your album. If you have the money you should always just put the work in and do it yourself.
4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
Vinyl for the superior sound and giant album covers.
5. Your music style is Heavy Metal. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
Dokken, Ratt, KISS, Crimson Glory, Loudness and Queensryche.
6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed?
Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
Your time and your money. Both Patrick and Joel relocated from Washington to start this band.
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
To sellout the Moda Center on a Saturday night and no we have not experienced that.
8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Heavy Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
Well if we knew what that was we probably be better. haha.
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Heavy Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
Yes, we sell lots of merch on Bandcamp and we gain listeners through streaming apps.
10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in Portland, Oregon USA (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
Headsplit magazine is a great fanzine in Portland! We recommend we listen to Silver Talon, Soul Grinder, Solicitor, and Idle Hands
11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
12. What are your future plans?
We are currently in the works of releasing a new EP and planning a tour.
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
Thank you for including us in this interview, we really appreciate it!
By Steve the Filthy Dog.