!!!DANISH HEAVY METAL!!!
We had a conversation with Chris Rostoff.Enjoy!
Welcome to the FILTHY DOGS OF METAL Webzine.
1. Tell us a few things about CAUTION (Members, Starting Year etc).
Caution is Heavy Metal band from Denmark created by me (Chris Rostoff) I started actually writing and recording songs in the summer of 2019. But the idea goes way back to 2014.
2. Your have recently released your demo ''Caution''. What is the feedback from your audience as well as from the press?
I have gotten a lot of really great feedback from the audience especially when you take into consideration that it's only a 2-song demo. We've gotten a few really good reviews too which has really sparked the fire.
3. Label or DIY and why?
I went with DIY as i have some recording experience. I might not be a pro but I think the demo turned out really well production wise.
4. Do you prefer Vinyl, Tape, CD or Digital Format and why is that?
I love to listen to vinyls on my record player - but when I am out travelling I mainly use the Digital Format... It's just so much easier.
5. Your music style is Heavy Metal. Which are your main influences (Favourite Artists / Bands etc.)
I'd say my main influences come from NWOBHM and US. Power metal those two styles are just really strong and mean a lot to me. If i had to into particular bands I would name Tokyo Blade, Helstar and Angel Witch as my main influences for Caution but I like so many bands that I can't name them all.
6. Which things, do you think, a Band should sacrifice in order to succeed? Have you ever sacrificed anything in your life for a better future of your Band?
You definitely have to sacrifice a lot of time. When I first started out with the Caution idea I could barely play guitar so I had to train that up. Also you have to spend a lot of time in studio refining the songs.
7. Describe your ideal live show as a performance Band. Have you already experienced that?
The ideal live show is definitely a high-action crowd who headbangs, dance and sing along. That stuff is what inspires me to keep going. Caution hasn't played any live-shows yet tho but after this corona-show we'll have to get out there and burn off some stages.
8. Which attributes, do you think, that a new Heavy Metal Band should have in order to gain identity and be unique?
Some bands take a lot of attention to attributes and identity be it lyrical themes or make-up on stage. I personally just try to be myself in my music, I write about my feelings or events that have inspired me. For example Sinner & Winner on the DEMO is a song I wrote about a night out in the town.
9. Do you believe that Bandcamp and other Digital Platforms help the new Heavy Metal Bands? Which, do you think, is the ideal way for a Band to promote its work?
Definitely these Digital Platforms help us. We released the demo through the Youtube channel NWOTHM full albums and it has helped getting a small following. Bandcamp is also good because here fans can support the band by buying the record or merch.10. Tell us a few things about the New Underground Metal Scene in Denmark (Bands, Fanzines, Webzines, Metal Clubs etc.)
The underground metal scene in Denmark is actually not very strong especially not in the Trad Metal direction. Especially when you compare it to our neighbors Germany and Sweden, but there is still a small dedicated following. Death Metal and Black Metal is big here tho.
11. Do you know anything about the Hellenic Metal Scene?
Yes I have always been very jealous of the metal scene in Hellas. Lots of bands and festivals I wish to go there sometime after the corona-crisis.
12. What are your future plans?
We are in the midst of recording our first EP and it'll hopefully release sometime this summer. It will be packed with Heavy Metal Bangers, and it will also include some more Speed Metal-vibes.
13. Thank you very much for your time & Keep up the good work! The closure is yours.
Caution Merch and Physical release is coming very soon be sure to check our Facebook/Bandcamp for more information regarding this.
By Steve the Filthy Dog.